The calendar says it is spring, our spring break has arrived, and now we just need the weather to catch up! I hope everyone has a wonderful break and we return in April to a much drier playground. 🙂
It was great to see all of you at our portfolio walks earlier this month. You can see firsthand just how much your child has grown academically over the past few months. We are now into our final term of Grade 3, and looking forward to starting some new units after the break.
Since our last update we have:
– practiced the reading comprehension strategies of self-questioning and summarizing, as well as the fluency skill of reading in phrases with pauses at the punctuation marks
– explored the use of descriptive verbs, adverbs, and adjectives in our writing
– learned about the different environments of Peru, Tunisia, Ukraine, and India
– brainstormed ways that people are influenced by their environment and how they affect their environment
– created and compared increasing patterns
– read a medieval times novel and completed a novel study unit
Enjoy your final week of March!